The main function of xenon lamp is to simulate sunlight, which is an essential experimental equipment in photochemical experiments, as shown in Figure 1.
Xenon lamp bulb is the core component and consumable of xenon lamp light source. It is very important to master the correct and safe operation of replacing lamp bulb for photocatalytic experiment.
Figure 1 Microsolar 300 Xenon Light Source the whole figure
一．When should the lamp be replaced during the use of the xenon light source?
With the increase of the use time of the xenon light source, abnormal phenomena such as voltage boost failure or flash off may occur. When the above phenomena occur in the Microsolar 300 xenon light source, it indicates that the effective service life of the xenon light bulb in the xenon light source has reached the upper limit. In order to carry out the experiment smoothly, the bulb must be replaced as soon as possible.
1. Boost fault symptom
When triggered, the xenon lamp light as the light source power box "booster malfunction" prompt to appear on the LED display, you will need to click on two consecutive xenon lamp light source power box on the "SET" button, enter the xenon lamp light source using timing interface, view the xenon lamp bulb use length, if the xenon lamp bulb use timer display 700 h, need to replace the xenon lamp light bulbs as soon as possible, See Figure 2.
Figure 2. "Boost fault" and timing interface of lamp power box
2. Go off phenomenon
When the xenon light source is triggered, the light source blinks once and then goes out quickly, as shown in Figure 3.
Figure 3. Flash off phenomenon of xenon lamp
二．Procedure for replacing a xenon lamp bulb
1. The tools required for replacing the xenon lamp include a Phillips screwdriver, a 3 mm inner hexagonal wrench, and a new lamp containing thermal grease, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4. Prepare tools
2. Remove the power cable plug of the Microsolar 300 xenon light source, the connector of the cable and the optical feedback signal cable connector from the light source box, and the steering head of the light source. Ensure that the power box and light box are in a cooling state, as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5. Bulb replacement preparation process
2. Remove the fixing screws on the top cover and front panel of the xenon lamp box one by one to separate the top cover and front panel from the lamp box, as shown in Figure 6.
Figure 6. Schematic diagram of disassembling xenon light source box
4. Loosen the screws on the side panel of the xenon light source. There is no need to remove the fixing screw of the side plate of the xenon light source lamp box, loosen it until the internal lamp body assembly of the xenon light source lamp box can be removed, as shown in Figure 7.
Figure 7. Schematic diagram of taking out the lamp body components inside the lamp box of xenon lamp source
5. Loosen the screws on the cathode heat sink, loosen the screws on the anode heat sink, and remove the cathode and anode heat sink, as shown in Figure 8. Place the old bulb together with other discarded instruments for scrapping by the unit in which it belongs.
FIG. 8. Schematic diagram of removing bulb
6. Wear special gloves for the experiment, remove the bulb and thermal grease from the new bulb box, and evenly apply the thermal grease to the three surfaces shown in Figure 9.
Note: Thermal grease shall be smeared on the exposed metal part of the new xenon lamp, and shall not be smeared on the ceramic surface.
Figure 9. Schematic diagram of thermal grease coating
7. Install the new bulb coated with thermal grease into the inner hole of the anode heat sink, and tighten the fixing screws on the anode heat sink, as shown in Figure 10. Then slowly push the cathode radiator into the other end of the xenon lamp bulb. When the cathode radiator completely wraps the other end of the xenon lamp bulb, tighten the fixing screw of the cathode radiator to complete the assembly of the lamp body component.
FIG. 10. Assembly diagram of bulb and radiator
8. Follow the dismantling sequence of parts 1 through 4 to complete the remaining assembly steps. Insert the assembled lamp components into the xenon lamp box, tighten the fixing screws on the side panel of the xenon lamp box, install the front panel and top cover of the xenon lamp box in turn, and tighten the fixing screws in turn, install the steering head, the cable between the lamp box and the power box, and the light feedback signal cable.
3. Run the test
After the xenon lamp source is replaced with a new bulb, tests are needed to verify that the new bulb is properly assembled.
1. Xenon lamp bulbs use timing reset
Microsolar 300 xenon light source After replacing the new bulb, the bulb timing must be reset, otherwise the use time of the xenon light source program will not change, the power box screen may appear "boost fault" abnormal prompt.
After the xenon light source is turned on, press SET twice on the power box to enter the bulb timing screen, and press + and - on the power box to reset the bulb timing.
2. Xenon light source trigger test
Connect the power cable, connection cable and optical feedback signal cable of the xenon light source, and turn on the switch of the power box. After the light source is preheated for 30 seconds, press the "RUN" key to turn on the xenon light source. After the light source is turned on for 1 minute, press the "STOP" key to turn off the xenon light source.
If the xenon light source is repeatedly lit for 5 times and the following phenomena do not occur, the replacement of the bulb is successfully completed.
①Xenon lamp light source can not be lit normally;
②Abnormal noise occurred when xenon lamp was turned on.
If the above phenomenon appears after the replacement of xenon lamp bulb, please check whether all xenon lamp light source connection line contact is good, or in the case of power off again apart xenon lamp illuminant light boxes, to determine whether the change after xenon lamp bulb assembly, xenon lamp light source after checked if still cannot use normally, please contact Perfectlight technology after sales customer service.