Vacuum pump refers to the use of mechanical, physical, chemical or physical chemical methods to be pumped out of the container to obtain vacuum devices or equipment. Generally speaking, vacuum pump is a device that improves, generates and maintains vacuum in a closed space by various methods.
In the field of photocatalysis, it is used to make the reaction system reach the vacuum state and reduce the interference of other gas impurities on the detection. At the same time, the vacuum pump is needed to vacuum the quantitative ring after the photocatalysis device completes the sample injection operation, so as to prepare for the next sampling.
The installation, use and maintenance of the vacuum pump used in the photocatalytic experiment Labsolar-6A are introduced.
1. Description of all parts of vacuum pump for photocatalytic experiment
Figure 1 Component name of vacuum pump
2.Photocatalytic experimentsVacuum pump parameters
Pumping rate: 360 L/min
Ultimate pressure: 5 Pa
15/5000 Power supply: 220 V~ 50 Hz
Power: 550 W
Dosage: 980 mL
3.Photocatalytic experimentsInstallation of vacuum pump
(1) The vacuum pump should be placed horizontally in a dry, ventilated and clean place with a space distance of > 2 cm from the surrounding area and a space distance of > 5 cm from the front and rear ends. When it is installed on the equipment, the normal air intake at the shell end of the air blade cover should be ensured;
(2) The air inlet is tied to the raw material belt and connected with the supporting nut, with a hose inserted connection, the other end is connected with the vacuum demand of the reaction system or reactor;
(3) If the removed gas contains a lot of water vapor, high temperature and dust and other impurities, cooler, filter and other corresponding devices should be added at the inlet pipe, so as not to affect the normal use of the vacuum pump.
4.Photocatalytic experimentsUse of vacuum pumps
(1) Remove the exhaust cap of the vacuum pump before use (TW-1 A/15 A/ M type has no exhaust cap), and then check the oil level line of the vacuum pump to ensure that the oil level in the vacuum pump is not lower than the oil level line. If it is lower than the oil level line, the vacuum pump oil should be added in time. It is recommended to use the vacuum pump oil of the same brand as the vacuum pump);
(2) Remove the intake cap, connect the reaction system or reactor with vacuum demand, the connection hose should not be too long, reliable sealing, no leakage phenomenon;
(3) Plug in the power plug, open the switch to use, if there is an external trigger function, can turn off the power switch during use, through the external trigger vacuum pump operation;
(4) Timely unplug the power plug of the vacuum pump after use, remove the connecting pipe, and tighten the intake cap and exhaust cap.
Note:In photocatalytic experiments, it is necessary to observe the oil level window regularly during the use of the vacuum pump. If the vacuum pump oil becomes dirty, cloudy, enters into water or other volatile substances, the vacuum limit value of the vacuum pump will be affected, and the pump oil should be replaced in time.
Figure 2 Vacuum pump observation window
5.Photocatalytic experimentsVacuum pump maintenance
In photocatalytic experiments, it is necessary to keep the vacuum pump in a normal working state, to achieve the normal vacuum degree, careful maintenance is essential, the following summarizes the maintenance of the vacuum pump: replace the vacuum pump oil:
(1) When replacing the new vacuum pump oil, run the vacuum pump for 30 minutes first, make the vacuum pump oil thin, and then close the vacuum pump;
(2) unplug the power plug of the vacuum pump and discharge the vacuum pump oil from the vacuum pump oil discharge hole;
(3) add new vacuum pump oil to the oil level line from the vacuum pump oil injection port, so as to clean the oil stored in the vacuum pump cavity;
(4) Install the oil plug, connect the power plug of the vacuum pump, and run the vacuum pump for 1~2 min;
(5) Repeatedly clean several times, confirm that the pump is clean, install the oil plug, and then inject clean pump oil from the vacuum pump oil injection port to the oil level line.
Daily maintenance of vacuum pump for photocatalytic experiment:
(1) Keep the vacuum pump clean and prevent sundries from entering the pump;
(2) Keep the oil level of the vacuum pump, strictly prohibit the operation without oil;
(3) If the vacuum pump oil appears emulsification, blackening, or obvious oil-water separation, it is necessary to replace the vacuum pump oil in time. It is recommended to replace the vacuum pump oil every 2 to 3 months for normal use;
(4) When not in use for a long time, the inlet and exhaust caps should be covered and placed in a dry place, paying attention to moisture and rust prevention.
6.Photocatalytic experimentsPrecautions for vacuum pump
(1) It is strictly prohibited to remove inflammable, explosive and toxic gases;
(2) Shall not remove the gas which is corrosive to metal and can react with pump oil;
(3) Gases containing particulate dust and large amounts of water vapour shall not be removed;
(4) The temperature of the pumped gas shall not exceed 80℃, and the ambient temperature is -5℃~60℃
(5) Shall not be used as compression pump and transmission pump;
(6) No vacuum pump oil operation;
(7) When the vacuum pump is running, it is forbidden to plug the exhaust cap;
(8) When unplugging the power supply, be sure to hold the plug, do not grab the power cord pull, the socket must be grounded;
(9) Do not place heavy objects on the power line to prevent the power line from being squeezed;
(10) Do not use broken plugs and sockets;
(11) Do not use wet hands to plug or unplug the power plug;
(12) Do not plug or unplug the power supply or press the switch where there is gas leakage.
The above is the use and maintenance information of vacuum pump for photocatalytic experiment. If you have other problems with vacuum pump in photocatalytic experiment, you can click the customer service website for consultation.